Pusztaszabolcs Város Önkormányzat - Polgármesteri Hivatal
2490 Pusztaszabolcs Velencei u 2.
|Telefon: ||E-mail: |
|25 273-002; 273-036; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fax: 25 273-002|
|Csányi Kálmán||dr. Nagy Éva|
The settlement is situated in the eastern part of Transdanubia, in Fejér county, along the Pécs – Budapest railway line, 10 km’s away from the Danube river – in the Mezőföld region.
The settlement, which has a great history is a railway junction, from here we can reach Budapest, Pécs, Székesfehérvár, Dunaújváros via railways. It can be approached via two exits from the M6 motorway, from the M7 you have to exit at Velence. The capital city, Budapest, lies 50, the two major towns of Fejér county : Székesfehérvár 35 and Dunaújváros 30 km’s away from the settlement. Lake Velencei can be found 10 km’s away from the village.
The permanent population of Pusztaszabolcs is about 6500, this number makes it the county’s most populated incorporated municipality.
Pusztaszabolcs and its surroundings belong to the definitely dry regions of Mezőföld, where the average annual rainfall is ranging between 500-550 mm’s. With the limited rainfall and the high summer temperatures (the average temperatures in July are 21-21,5 C), the settlement’s region is characterized with frequent summer droughts and significant annual water shortage(125 mm.).
The banked up plain is rich in subsoil water. Usually shallow(4-6m), uniform subsoil water levels develop, which favourably influence the local agricultural activities and their outcome.
The surface waterflows are, without exception, all temporary.The washed loes and sandy loes were formed on an exceptional quality soil, which are the most basic factors of the settlement’s agricultural production.
90 % of the plough-lands can be favourably utilized with different kinds of plants. It is characterized by good and fertile soil.
The outskirts of Pusztaszabolcs include the area of Cikolai –lakes,which is an excellent fishing area.
The history of Pusztaszabolcs
The area of the settlement can look back to a long and colourful history. During the archaeological excavations different objects were brought to the surface from the Bronze-Age, Celtic and Roman times. All these objects are proofs that indicate that the population was attracted to the settlement by the good quality and irrigatable soil.
People of the Bronze Age settled those parts of Mezőföld that were inhabitable, covered with loes, in 1900-1200 BC. The archaeological excavations along the area of Felsőcikola brought up different objects to prove this theory. Most significant is the cinerary urn burial ground, observed in the place called ’Sziget’, with rich suplements, articles for personal use, dishes, ornamented bronze robes, bronze dagger.
In the same place, the Komló-hill and Taligás-hill are the places of a settlement from the early period of the Roman empire. In Pusztaszabolcs a stone carving can be found, which was made on a tomb by a Roman field officer. The tomb was made in memory of his wife, descending from the land of the batavs, from Novimagus in lower Germany (today Nijmegen in Netherlands).
The artistically rendering earthen vessels, jugs and the mound burial places that were found on the Cikola hills all point to a Celtic presence in the area. The countless archaeological findings, that are now museum exhibits, are unambiguous evidence to prove: those who lived here were advanced in craftmenship.
Pusztaszabolcs is also rich in objects from the Roman times. The places of occurence are almost the same as the living areas of the early times. Between the findings there is evidence again to prove the early craftmenship, but also bronze coins of emperor Antonius Pius, and ornamented platters, brick pieces which have gladiator scenes painted on them. These findings do not only emphasize the region’s economical and farming role, but also its cultural significance.
Pusztaszabolcs and its surroundings were not underpopulated even in the migration and the Hungarian conquest period. The Hungarians,together with the earlier settled avar nation and inner-Asian nations established a settlement here.The name of the settlement and the 10-11th century findings point to a settlement from the age of the Árpáds. Pusztaszabolcs possibly originates from the Szabolcs named, Előd-Szabolcs-Csák clan, related to the Árpád family. The prefix – Puszta – came into the settlement’s name later, during the organizing of settlement names.
We first meet the name of the settlement in 1302, in a written document:”the Káptalan from Székesfehérvár and the Csák brothers from Dudar, divide among themselves the village of ’Zabvos’ (Zabvos equals to Szabolcs, according to the study of Györffy György in 1971)”.
Pusztaszabolcs represented a significant value in the early feudalism, because of its agriculture based economical structure.
The area was a royal possession until the end of the 14th century, following this period, its development came to a standstill. The possessors often alternated one another, then the territory was transferred under Turkish authority. Supposedly, this was the time when the earlier medieval settlement was destroyed. The material goods and the people were put in service of expansion and as a result, the area became deserted.
The surroundings of the settlement, due to the good quality soil and the gradual repression of the Turks, quickly became populated again.
In the 17th century Serbian peasants lived in Szabolcs,in 80 houses.They were paying taxes to the Turkish sultan and the Austrian emperor, too.By the end of the 18th century, the lands were in the hands of the Zichy-family.
The number of estate servants who lived here in 1830 was 538. Farming and livestock breeding was pursued in the village, dominated by cultivation of grain and fodder crops, but later corn, rye and potato came to the front, while the settlement became famous because of its cattle- and horse breeding.
Due to economical upswing in the period of the 1867 Compromise, the organization of the community began. The loose structured settlement of those times kept its agricultural nature for many decades. But this did not exclude the settling of the industrial achievements, either.
The aim of one of the 1870 railway development plans was to make Pusztaszabolcs function as a main railway centre.
The putting into effect of the 42nd article of the Public Administration Law in 1870, the municipal board of Fejér county established a community called Szabolcs, in 1875.A law in 1898 gave the name Pusztaszabolcs to the settlement. The first map of the inner-and outer areas of the community was made in 1881. The surveying of the area was made by an architect, Koffon Ignácz, the design was compiled by Weisz Ferenc, a clerk paid by the day.
The text on the first map’s cover says: ’the incorporated municipality of Szabolcs, along with Csongrád, Alsó-and Felső Czikola puszta, in Fejér county, in 1881’.
In 1896 the redistribution of properties changed. The territories of Szabolcspuszta went into the hands of the baron Fould-Springer family, while the land of Felső-Cikola was bought by a lawyer from Budapest, Hirsch-Halász Alfréd.
The changes at the turn of the century were not present only in the rearranging of the lands. The organized education appeared (with approx. 250 pupils ).
In 1882 railway traffic began between Budapest-Sárbogárd, then, in 1896 between Budapest-Pusztaszabolcs-Paks and Pusztaszabolcs-Székesfehérvár. These brought in profound changes.
Railway service flats were built in the village centre and the infrastructure also developed in connection with the railways.
The railway personnel which settled down here at the turn of the century, considerably changed the social character of the village. The modern petit bourgeois ideology (pension fund, health-and social supplies, house insurance), produced further developments.
At the railways a better and a more predictable life, regular and ’higher’salary was waiting for the employees.
Between 1830 and 1921, due to the favourable factors, the population of the village increased in number to almost three times the previous number.
The first kindergarten opened in 1938, with 40 places. The community decree law ordinance was created in 1935. The local motion picture theatre opened in 1939. The population continued to increase in number between the two World Wars.
In 1941 an artesian well (107m) was digged out by the National Public Health Institute, a TB Clinic was set up in 1943. The village was in the battle front between 1944 and February 1945. Following this, even if slowly, the village life was back to normal.
The process-though quickly ran its course-was not an easy task. The village’s pig-, horse- and cattle stock’s significant part perished in the war. There was no flour, salt, oil. Petrol was on short supply. Due to the inflation, the prices were sky-high.
The base of the quick development after 1945 was made with the land reform. Between 1945 and 1952 many thousands of acres were distributed among people and 190 family houses were built. The growing population demanded that the prevailing community council should organize the infrastructure in a way to suit the growing demands of its inhabitants. Near the developments which were aimed at improving the quality of life, there was a boom in the house building scheme, too.
In the 25 years, following the II.WW., more than a thousand homes were built,among them blocks of flats,too.The mixing plant (crops storage unit and processing ) was built in 1957.
MÁV Sports field was handed over in 1958, a créche was inaugurated.
The Grammar and Vocational Secondary School was founded in 1963 (building was inaugurated in 1968). Previously a technical school’s correspondence course branch was operating in the village from 1960.
The machine mounting station was established in 1962.Next year,in 1963 the district agricultural co-operative ( ÁFÉSZ ) was established, with its headquarters in Pusztaszabolcs.
The state of the transport network has been improved continuously,pavement repairs and paving also took place. Due to the improvements Pusztaszabolcs received the status of ’incorporated municipality’.
Heitz- Élfurnér Works Ltd.
The firm is a member of a group which embraces four countries (Germany, Hungary, the U.S. and Switzerland) and also is the biggest producer of veneer in the middle eastern part of Europe.Its main profile is to fit the bundled plywood with veneer. Main part of its production goes on export.
The firm was established in 1991 and it was transferred from Budafok to Pusztaszabolcs in 2003. The company’s headquarter is in Pusztaszabolcs, Iskola u.1. The managing director is dr.Nagy Béla Norbert. The number of those in employment is 89, and 60% of the workforce are women. 79% of the personnel commutes to Pusztaszabolcs from the surrounding villages, commuting itself is being helped by bus-services.
The employment of the considerable number of commuting workers is necessary,because of the low,local unemployment rate.The industrial tax which is paid by the Heitz Élfurnér Mûvek Producing and Commercial Ltd.,is a significant contribution to the village’s budget income.The net income/sales returns of the company was 1.661.000 HUF’s in 2005.
In Hungary,the production of veneer has a history of more than a decade.In the meantime,the Heitz Ltd.,as a member of the Heitz groups became the biggest factory in the world.
The firm was established by the German Heitz Veneer Edging Ltd. In 1991. The company now boasts a membership in a group encompassing three countries (Germany – H.Heitz Furnierkantenwerk GmbH & co.,Hungary, and the US. – Avec). The level of annual production in 2004 meant the processing of more than 5 million m2 of bundled raw material. The biggest market is Germany, since the bulk of the production has been conveyed to the mother-company. The important export destinations are, above this,the furniture and wood industry of the surrounding countries,including Poland and Lithuania.The rather flexible production logistics,the up-to-date machinery and last,but not least,the internationalism of Heitz Veneer Edging Ltd. Secures the quality for which more and more customers recognize the firm’s supplier security.
The handed down orders, often reaching the capacity of 4-500.000 linear metres,are frequently given with a rather tight deadline.But,the orders are executed keeping the deadlines accurately,in good quality manufacturing and delivery.These are all qualities greatly valued by our partners from any given country.
In their warehouse there are to be found the 25-30 European and overseas kinds of timber that are mostly in demand. The edge slots and the veneer made from these timber materials,could satisfy all demands.
The continuous production development, the accurate production,the skilled and always helpful business staff and last,but not least,the permanent commercial stock makes itself felt,since more and more customers and retailers recognize the significance of this background.
The railway is a key factor in the life of the village. It is a significant employer and it is a determining element of the village’s aspect. The name „railway settlement” faded away to some extent,but 10% of the working force is employed by the Hungarian Railways.
The railway station was built 120 years ago. The railway traffic started in 1882 between Budapest – Sárbogárd,then,in 1896 between Budapest – (Pusztaszabolcs )- Paks and Pusztaszabolcs – Székesfehérvár. The rail terminal was gradually developed.It was the marshalling yard for the factories from Dunaújváros, Százhalombatta, Budapest, Székesfehérvár and Veszprém. It ac*****ulated the main part of Mezőföld’s agricultural production.
The Pusztaszabolcs terminal is a 2nd. class intersection service place, it belongs to the 1st class junction of Kelenföld. It is a junction railway station, electrified rails run to Pécs and Kelenföld (national main-line), one rail towards Dunaújváros and Székesfehérvár.
The station has a shunting engine at its disposal. Subordinate stations are: Ercsi, Iváncsa, Adony, Zichyújfalu.
The junction data is as follows:
Passenger transport service (95 slow passenger trains pass through the station daily). They all stop here, with the exception of 8 IC trains,these connect through Sárbogárd. 300-400 transfer passengers, 400-500 local passengers daily.
Transport of goods: total supply of Dunaújváros (iron ore, iron, coke). Loading point for the agricultural goods: 20-40 tonnes of sugar beet. 600-900 goods wagons daily. This is an average of 30 trains.
Stadler Hungary Railway Maintenance Ltd.
The vehicle repair park is the Hungarian affiliated company of the swiss head-office. Headquarters are in Pusztaszabolcs, Magyar u. 14. Its main profile is the repair and maintenance of the railway devices and electrical motor-trains. The repair base of the suburban electrical motor trains is in a 4165 m2 sized building. The assembly hall was built in accordance with the demands of the 21st century, it is up-to-date,the environmental and energetics demands were taken into consideration.
The hall is providing employment for about 100 people. The repair park is responsable for the maintenance of the suburban trains running between Budapest – Tatabánya, Budapest – Székesfehérvár and Budapest – Pusztaszabolcs lines.
In connection with the assembly hall, the Hungarian Railway Company will modernize the station until 2010,the building licences are prepared for this matter.
LÉDEM 2000 Ltd.
Mezőgép Company, later the successor of Salina – Sinker.Was founded in March 1962. and 10 February 1998.The head – office is in Gyöngyös,Bene u.59-61. Its premises are in Pusztaszabolcs, Iskola u.1.Number of employees is 24.Net sales returns in 2005 was more than 500 million HUF’s, 1.395 million HUF’s together with the mother company.
The main profile is producing rubber pieces and agricultural machine spares. The company won 22.816.587 million HUF’s for the development of its functions, from the Agricultural Competitive Operative Programme.
This amount is spent on purchasing technical machinery for plastic pressing.
The Grainhoarding and Processing Company’s nutrient mixing plant was established in Pusztaszabolcs, in 1961, in the place of the old mill. The plant which is standing on the outskirts of the village, was working under council control at the beginning.They worked in one shift,using out of date mill equipment.The plant had only 24 workers in its employment,and mixed 160 quintals of nutrient daily.
The initial capacity grew almost ten times the original amount with the introduction of two shifts and modernizing of the machinery. There is a wide selection of nutrients, they are able to make more than 1000 quintals of feed daily.
The plant disposes of a 400 wagon raw material warehouse and a 20 wagon finished product warehouse. The nutrient mixer sells 2000 wagons of fodder forage annually.Directly delivers to agricultural co-operatives,small animal breeders,specialist groups and individual customers.
The district co-operatives and fodder shops in Adony, Mezőfalva, Dunaújváros, Szabadegyháza get their merchandize from here. From the 1 October 1991 till 15 December 1997 it was called Vitabona Feed Producing and Distributing Ltd. From 16 December 1997 it is called M-K-SZ Ltd. Its two main functions until December 1999 was to produce and distribute feed, this was changed to agricultural trade from January 2000.
They sold almost 6.000 tonnes of agricultural produce in 2005,the trade grew to 20.000 tonnes in 2006.
Felsőcikola NO 2 Ltd
The Felsőcikola State Farm was founded in 1949. The dairy farm had a nationwide reputation in the 50’s.It had at its disposal a fish farm, sheep farm, pig- and poultry farms. Cikola merged in 1960 with the Agárd State Farm and since then it has gradually developed into a stock breeder farm. The Agárd State Farm, including the Cikola district, is the most modern mass production plant in Fejér county. On 95% of the 9000 hectare plough land they are producing corn. The Agárd State Farm has advanced stock – breeding,a leading role goes to Cikola in this department.It is a top firm,in 1970 won several Ministerial Diplomas of Merit,then,in 1971 won the highest company recognition,the Challenge Trophy. In 1968 and 1973 was rewarded as an Outstanding Company.
Felsőcikola and, through its people, Pusztaszabolcs played a role also in achieving these outstanding results.
The stock breeder farm has a slaughter house, too, in Cikola.
The Agárdi Complex was a large plant in the region until 31 December 1989. On the 1st January 1990 it broke off into two joint stock companies: the Agrocomplex Velence and the Centrál Soja Rt. Zichy. The cattle farm and the pig farm in Felsőcikola remained.80 – 90 people are employed in these two firms.
Pusztaszabolcs Agricultural Zrt.
The Pusztaszabolcs Agricultural Joint Stock Company was established on 23 January 2001, as the legal successor of the Pusztaszabolcs Agricultural Co-operative. The Pusztaszabolcs Agricultural Zrt. is a business which took the obstacles through the decades with success, while other co-operatives failed on the bumpy road.
Their production is steady in plant cultivation and livestock breeding. The firm won 22.320.321 million HUF’s, within the frame of the Agricultural and Regional Development Programme, for the acquisition of agricultural devices.
4 M – 97 Ltd
The business was founded on 27 February 1997.Its headquarters are in Pusztaszabolcs,Hársfa u.6. It cultivates a 50-100 hectare land, employs 12 people, its net sales returns were 66,8 million HUF’s in 2005.
Its main profile is fruit growing and apiary.
The company was founded on 15 April 1993. The head-office is in Pusztaszabolcs, Szabolcspuszta. It employs 13 people, net sales returns reached 76 million HUF’s in 2005. Its main profile is plant cultivation and livestock breeding.
The catering establishments of the village are scattered. Kiri Pension, in the centre of the village has an outstanding role. Here we can find a restaurant, confectioner’s and a gym, too. It is a 2nd category commercial lodging. Space for accomodation is 24. Sphere of activity: providing accomodation, party organizing (weddings, commemorations), restaurant service, florist’s, videotheque, solarium, hairdresser’s, beautician, gym and confectioner’s.
The Domak – Farm is a rural lodging with a classification of three sunflowers. Field of activity: providing accomodation, programme organizing, riding in horsedrawn carriages, possibility of horse renting for riding purposes. Space of accomodation: 10.
The fishing tourism is more or less confined to the Felsőcikola-lake and its surroundings. The 80 hectare lake-system has 4 lakes, these are joint together by 4 sluices.With the help of these,the water levels can be controlled and the surplus could get to the Danube through a drainage dritch.
On 3 lakes fishing is possible from the shore or the landing stages (approx. 180), which were built by the local fishermen. On the 4th lake there is a possibility for fishing from boats (5).
A Fishermen’s Lodge can be found near the lakes, the staff here takes care of the lakes and makes sure that the fishing rules are kept.
Here we can find those lakes, where the fishbeds provide full grown fish for the hooks of the anglers and the supply of crucian carps and carps. The number of members in the angler’s association, following a swift decline at the beginning of the early 1990’s, came to a standstill. Nowadays, it shows a rising tendency and it has about 500 members.
The fishermen are from the neighbouring villages (Iváncsa, Besnyő, Szabadegyháza, Perkáta), but we can find fishermen from Dunaújváros or even Budapest.
Cikolai lake is under ÁPV Zrt. ownership. The utilizer, who has renting agreement (since 1999), the Agárdi Agricultural, Forestry and Water Management Workers Unio n (MEDOSZ), the Fishermen’s Association and the Dunai Vasmû Fishermen’s Association appointed Cikolai Hal Ltd. for the maintenance.
Almost all kinds of the Hungarian fish species can be found in the lake: carp, pike, catfish, zander, bream and crucian carp. The record is being held with a 16,7 kg’s carp.
Not only the fishstock of Cikolai lakes, but also the animals that characterize this landscape (waterbirds,deer),are attracting the tourists and nature lovers.
In the development scheme of Fejér county they emphasized the development of tourism, in which categories we can reckon with the Cikolai lakes and the Pusztaszabolcs fishing tourism.
The hunting tourism is confined to the small game territories (fox, deer, pheasant and rabbit). Several times a year, 10-20 members hunting groups visit Pusztaszabolcs. They arrive from Italy.
The Pusztaszabolcs Agronomist Hunting Association functions on a landowner – communal base and it has 20 members.Hunting takes place on a 5300 hectare territory, where six hides, eight feeding and salting places can be found. There is a 2 km. Danube reach, which belongs to the area and the ducks move down here, when the cold weather arrives. This is the time when the Italian hunters arrive, too.
The current ’ Cikola Nations Valley ’project is aimed at tourism development. They would like to build a holiday resort at the lake, joining forces in the region. The municipalities that participate in this programme would like to develop a specific aspect of the region and turn it into a touristic product. They would like to reach this by rounding up the different historical roots, the collaboration between the twin-villages, the cultural, youth, sport and culinary traditions.
The main target of this scheme is to consciously develop the tourism and make this area of Fejér County a marketable touristic destination. The councils taking part in this programme are the following: Adony, Beloiannisz, Besnyő, Iváncsa, Kulcs, Perkáta, Pusztaszabolcs, Szabadegyháza and Sárosd.
The biggest touristic event in Pusztaszabolcs is the annual ’Szabolcs Days’. This is a chain of events that takes place every year, on the last weekend of July. The ’Lifestyle and Addictions Day’,another important event is around the 20th of August every year.
The most attractive events are possibly the ’ Organ Recital’-series, which are held throughout the year.
Development possibilities, plans
The value of the premises in Pusztaszabolcs have become more important with the proximity of the railways and the improving road traffic connections. The local council is besieged with different industrial investment conceptions. The council government supports the ideas,so industrial areas have been appointed in the development plan, for different locations in the village.
One of the most improvable areas (49,2 hectare,economical-agricultural-service area) is easily accessible from the M6 motorway via Iváncsa junction. It lies near the railway and road 6205.
Another large area has also been defined in the plan (41,3 hectare), which area, as the previous one, is easily accessible from the motorway via Adony. It could be connected to the available agricultural (grain stocking, storage, friut growing, honey producing) work areas, which are lying along road 6205. This road connects Velence, Pusztaszabolcs and Adony. The public utility development could be sorted out in one pace or periodically on the two industrial areas, according to demands. It could be connected to the inner-area network, where the operators already made statements in the supporting work period.
On the new areas, defined by the development plan, they would like to settle economical, agricultural and service production industry, one that does not harm the environment. From the currently existing and working industrial areas, which, of course could still be improved, we can pick out the area owned by MÁV Zrt., a 13 hectare area on which the railway terminal lies. The other one, is the neighbouring property, with the Stadler investment on its premises. Along the village’s inner area boundary, there is an industrial area (7 hectare), which could be enlarged and improved. Earlier it functioned as a machine centre. Nowadays it is the home of Heitz Veneer Works and Lédem 2000 Ltd.
Along the above mentioned areas, the development plan also sees possibility of improvements on the following areas that have public utility and infrastructure: M-K-SZ Ltd. (1,6 ha), Pusztaszabolcs Agrár Zrt.(28 ha), Felsőcikola NO 2 Ltd. (32 ha ) and the 4 M 97 Ltd.(15 ha ).
At the moment 2 wind power plants are in a planning phase,in the outskirts of the village. After the investment has been materialized, major production of electricity could start, without polluting the environment.
The outer areas, where they would like to achieve a wind power plant, consisting of 20 plants, are currently under agricultural use. The power plants will be made by the Wind in West Pusztaszabolcs Ltd.The date of the construction is possibly the third quarter of 2007. They expect the power plants to begin work in September 2007. The wind power plant will be a midvoltage substation,established near Pusztaszabolcs. It will connect to the distributing network by splitting the Dunaújváros – Szabadegyháza 120 KV high tension line and building a 5 kms 120 KV high tension line to connect it with.
The Csaba Wind Ltd. Establishes 24 wind power towers, their type will be Fuhrlander FL-MD77, with a one by one nominal capacity of 1500 KW.The total output of the wind power plant will be 36 MW.
The council government assigned the area, which lies towards the south – west, between the Pusztaszabolcs – Székesfehérvár and Pécs – Budapest railway lines, as the location of the wind power park.
The kindergarten- and the elementary school education is maneged by the local council.The secondary school is upkept on the county level, but the assets necessary for its function are provided by the local council.
The kindergarten education is secured by two establishments in Pusztaszabolcs: the Zsiráf Kindergarten with 100 places and the Manóvár Kindergarten with 178 places.
The basic education is provided by the József Attila Elementary School. The education is carried out in 27 classrooms with an average 23 class – divisions.
The secondary and middle school education is provided by the Szabolcs Vezér Grammar and Technical School and College. Its basic function is the middle school training according to the Hungarian school system, but also vocational training and college. As an additional activity they provide out of school technical training, too.
The Artemisz Language School is run by the Nea Artemisz Language Teaching Centre Ltd. Its head office is in Pusztaszabolcs, Szent István u.1.
The language school was founded in 2004. Number of students is around 200. Five languages are taught in the school: English, German, French, Italian and Hungarian as a foreign language. It is the only state accredited language school in the region of Adony. There are 5 modern, up-to-date classrooms, a large library with thousands of foreign language books. The language school has experienced and qualified teachers, who help you learn the different languages in an easy, relaxed way.
In October 2006 the school received ’European Language Award’classification.Received the ’Recommended Language School’ title from NYESZE ( Professional Unio n of Language Schools ). From November 2006, it expanded and now a playhouse and a childkeeping establishment functions here, too.
There are three adult family doctor districts in the village, a paediatrician, a dental surgery, health visitor service, a pharmacy and official district veterinary surgery.
In a medical care framework there is a homeophatist, gynaecologist, ultrasonography, dental technician and optician, too.
The new ambulance station in the village centre will be handed over in 2007. There is an individually functioning child – abuse preventing institution also. There is a local voluntary fire service in the village and also a district representative office with two police officers.
The police work is greatly helped by the local Neighbourhood Watch service.
The local council built an outdoors, covered funeral parlour in the cemetery, in 2006.
The number of the different civil organizations is 20, these have mostly a sporty, cultural, tradition keeping character and role.
The ecclestical life is agile, there are several religious establishments in the village. Hungary’s oldest early Baroque Organ, which was restored to reach its technical and artistic perfection. The restoration finished in the summer of 2004.
The council’s management is stable, the credit file does not reach 10 % of the annual budget. The council has four committees. The mayor’s Office functions with 25 workers.
It is a member of several unio ns. The local taxes are the entrepreneurs communal and professional taxes.
Köszöntöm Önt Pusztaszabolcs város honlapján! Érdeklődése megtiszteltetés számomra!
Pusztaszabolcs az ország egyik legfiatalabb városa. A Velencei-tó és a Duna között félúton he- lyezkedik el, és a budapesti elővárosi vasút egyik csomó- pontja. Településünket olyan kultu- rális, infrastrukturális, szociális, természeti és gazdasági értékek jellemzik, amelyek a XXI. századi ember számára elengedhetet- lenek.
Városunk honlapjának több funkciója van, hiszen infor- mációval szolgál az idelátogatók számára. Másrészt pusztasza- bolcsi lakosként a honlap segítségével hasznos tudniva- lókkal gazdagodik. Betekintést kap az önkormányzat működésébe, segíti az emberek mindennapi ügyintézését. Tájékoztat a tele- pülés intézményeiről, kulturális-művelődési tevékenységéről, az aktuális ügyekről és kérdésekről.
Pusztaszabolcs változás előtt áll, így számomra a weboldal jelentősége abban áll, hogy elősegítse, erősítse a kétirányú kommunikációt az itt élők és a város vezetése között, ami el- engedhetetlen feltétele a fejlő- désnek. Ez a portál jó eszköz arra, hogy a párbeszéd kiala- kulhasson, mélyebbé válhasson, a pusztaszabolcsi lakosok aktívabb szerepet vállalhassanak a közösség életében. Ezért arra buzdítom Önt, hogy használja az oldalt, tájékozódjon és ötleteivel segítse az elérhető adatok bővü- lését. Fontos, hogy véleményével, ötletével segítse elő azokat a változásokat, amelyek biztosítják a város sikerességét. Mindezt csak közösen, együttműködve ér- hetjük el. Cselekedjünk, dolgoz- zunk együtt legjobb tudásunk szerint a sikeres Pusztaszabolcs megteremtése érdekében!